Mates4Mates Online Partners and Carers Program
Partners and carers of veterans are invited to sign-up for our Partners and Carers Program to learn strategies to support their own mental health and wellbeing.
- Are you the partner or carer of a veteran who has been impacted by service?
- Are you looking for strategies to support your own mental health and wellbeing?
- Do you need support to understand the impacts of transitioning?
If you answered yes, then our Partners and Carers Program may be for you.
What is the Partners and Carers Program?
Newly developed by Mates4Mates, the Partners and Carers Program is designed to support partners and carers of veterans and current serving Defence Force personnel whose lives have been impacted by service.
The program sessions will take place online, so you can join no matter where you live, all within a safe, non-judgemental space for you to connect with others.
Across four days, the online program will be facilitated by one of our exercise physiologists, psychologists, counsellors and social workers, with support from an accredited dietitian. It aims to provide partners and carers with strategies to support their own mental health and wellbeing, while also learning the importance of exercise and nutrition, the impacts of transitioning on the family, the importance of social connection, and managing the unique challenges that the Defence Force life brings.
To participate, you will need:
- To be a registered Mates4Mates member – you can join here!
- PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with video calling capabilities
- Internet connection capable of sustaining an online video call
Expressions of interest for this program are now closed.
If you think you can benefit from learning strategies and acquiring skills to assist you with managing your mental health and wellbeing as a partner or carer of a veteran, please don't hesitate to be in contact. Send your enquiry through to email@example.com.