Mates4Mates Skills for Transitions Program
- Are you struggling with the navigation from Defence life to civilian life?
- Are you needing support to find your purpose beyond service?
- Are you looking for guidance from a team who understands these challenges?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Mates4Mates Skills for Transitions Program might be for you.
What is the Skills for Transitions Program?
The Skills for Transitions Program is a 4-week program facilitated by members of the Mates4Mates clinical team.
The aim of the program is to assist transitioning Australian Defence Force members successfully navigate the transition process by identifying and understanding the challenges they may face.
Practical strategies are provided over the 4-week program with participants supported in the development of setting goals for the future.
The group program offers peer-support while exploring topics related to the psychological health and wellbeing of transitioning Australian Defence Force members.
Topics covered over the four weeks include:
- Stages of transition throughout the lifespan and the reality of post-Defence life
- Identity and values
- Common psychological transitioning challenges
- Practical strategies to assist in managing transitions
- Focusing on the future and goal setting
The Skills for Transitions Program will be offered online and also in-person at the Palmerston centre.
This group program will run online on Tuesdays, starting from 2 May – 23 May 2023, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm AEST.
To participate online, you will need:
- PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with video calling capabilities
- Internet connection capable of sustaining an online video call
This group program will run from the Mates4Mates Palmerston Centre on Tuesdays, starting from 2 May – 23 May 2023, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
You will be asked to select which location you’re wishing to attend within the below expression of interest form.
Expressions of interest for this program have now closed.
If you are interested in upcoming programs, please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com.